Makes about 10 ½-cup servings
1 egg white, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons water
¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon sea salt
3 cups chopped raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, or a combo)
2 cups raw pumpkin or sunflower seeds, or a combination
2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut chips
¼ cup sesame seeds
1. Preheat the oven to 300F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and water until foamy.
3. Add the oil, sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the egg white-water mixture and whisk well.
4. Pour chopped nuts, seeds, and coconut chips into mixing bowl. Stir well to coat everything evenly.
5. Spread onto baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes, until golden and fragrant, stirring once after 10 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake and do not mix after removing the granola from the oven. The granola will crisp up as it cools and form clusters if undisturbed.
6. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a month. Granola can also be frozen for up to six months.
7. Eat with a cup of full-fat, organic Greek yogurt, or an unsweetened non-dairy yogurt of choice, and a few tablespoons of defrosted wild blueberries.