Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos with Crunchy Cumin Slaw
Makes 4 servings
1 ½ bunches cilantro, bottom of stems removed
½ cup lime juice
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 pound cod
3 cups shredded red cabbage
3 cups shredded green cabbage
3 cups shredded carrots
½ cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
8 corn tortillas
1. Place cilantro, lime juice, salt, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and olive oil in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Remove half the dressing and set aside. Add the mayonnaise to the remaining half and blend again until creamy. Set aside.
3. Preheat oven to 400F. Place cod in a deep baking dish and pour the cilantro lime marinade (the half without mayonnaise) over the fish. Allow fish to marinade for 30 minutes. Transfer to preheated oven and bake about 15 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer reaches 121F. Gently flake the fish into chunks for the tacos, mixing with the collected pan juices.
4. While the fish is cooking, combine the cabbages, carrots, and dressing (cilantro lime sauce with the mayonnaise) in a large bowl. Use your hands to massage the dressing into the cabbage so that it wilts slightly. Season with salt or lime to taste. Garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds.
5. Heat the tortillas and top each with salmon, slaw, and avocado.