Coconut Almond Butter Soba Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables
Makes 4 servings
4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
Salt + Pepper
8 ounces soba noodles
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 red onion, sliced
1 pound broccoli, cut into small florets (frozen okay)
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
Creamy Almond Butter Sauce
½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
½ cup full fat coconut milk
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
3 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 inch piece ginger, grated
1 clove garlic, minced
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Pat chicken dry, lightly coat in olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Place on a parchment-lined baking dish. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until juices run clear. Set aside to cool.
3. Combine all sauce ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Cook soba noodles according to package instructions. Rinse them under cold water while gently rubbing them together to remove excess starch. Set aside.
5. Heat a large sauté pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil, followed by the onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté about 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, bell pepper and carrot, along with another pinch of salt, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender.
6. Turn off heat and add the noodles and sauce to the pan. Taste and adjust seasoning to taste if necessary. Serve with chicken thigh.